Estimated Time to Read: 3 minutes
The mother’s body is not able to produce a sufficient amount of milk for the baby sometimes. Some mothers are too weak as a result of postpartum depression. When the mother’s milk is insufficient, the baby bottles with formula or breast milk help in feeding the baby.
What is Colic?
Colic is the intense crying of babies for three or more hours a day. There are often episodes of colic in newborn infants. This can be due to any reason. Babies cry due to hunger, cold, hot, wetness, allergies, or digestive problems.
It thus makes it difficult to handle working parents who are tired of managing both work-life and the baby. The baby is distressed and will not be able to be relieved even after consoling.
Best Bottles for colic help in the prevention of episodes of colic. They are specially designed with bends in the neck of the bottle which allows less air to mix with the milk. The proper mixture of milk assures no bubbles and no bubbles eventually reduce the symptoms of colic.
Guidelines to Follow while buying Colic bottles
● We often shake the bottles for the proper mixture of the formula and the milk. We assume that we mixed it proportionately. But it can be harmful as it often leads to the entry of air in the bottle while feeding, causing gas and burps. Parents have to pat the baby for hours to get the burps out. To avoid this problem, it is suggested to get bottles with blending function so that the milk can be blended perfectly.
● Most of the time, we usually hold the nipple part of the bottle to prevent the loss of milk while mixing. This can cause infections to the baby as our fingers may have germs which lead to contamination of the milk which the baby consumes. This can lead to a lot of bacterial infections which keeps up the baby all night.
● Mixing of the milk and formula sometimes leads to clogging of formula at the nipple area of the bottle which leads to interruption of the milk and often causes irritation for the babies. It can also lead to the consumption of air if the milk does not follow steadily. It is therefore wise to choose a bottle with a small opening so that a proper stream of milk flows through the nipple cap. The opening shouldn’t be too big because we do not want the baby to be choked either.
● Mostly, mothers prefer mixing breast milk along with the formula. The breast milk breaks into different layers which also does not fulfill the baby’s hunger and thus causes digestive problems. It is best to avoid manual shaking and go for blending baby bottles.
Best Bottles for Colic
● Best Bottles for colic are designed with curves and the angular neck of the bottle reduces the formation of bubbles and prevents the burps. So parents no longer have to keep patting their babies for hours long to get their burps out. This leads to the formation of fewer bubbles and reduces the symptoms of colic.
● Nipples of the bottle should properly fit into the baby’s mouth. This ensures no air entry inside the system. Make sure to change the bottles with age so that the baby gets a nipple cap of his right size. Bottles with air control reduce gas, ear infections, and colic.
● The bottles with the air vent system mix the milk with no air. The air vent system is in one piece which can be easily assembled and cleaned.
Special bottles are designed to contain milk even when the bottle is held in the horizontal position. This reduces reflux and aids in digestion.
The Introduction of colic bottles has been a relief to many new parents who struggle to understand the baby’s need. Nobody likes to see their sweetheart cry for so long.
These bottles help curb the chances of colic in babies and ensure proper digestion and therefore absorption. Whether it is breast milk or formula milk there should be no bubbles and no air in the baby’s food. Ultimately the happiness of the babies means the world to parents.
- Things You Need to Know About Baby Bottle Mixer A baby bottle mixer is a device to prepare foods for infants in the most...
- What is the Difference Between Distilled Water and Purified Water? All first-time parents worry about the safety of their infants, especially when it comes to...
- Family Campsite Tips to Help You and Your Family Stay Safe and Comfortable Camping is an excellent activity that a family can enjoy together. It can be loads...
- DIY Dog Training: How to Stop the Chewing Problem Although training school covers significant aspects of dog training; however, one part of canine training...