Estimated Time to Read: 3 minutes
Do you have a dog that is just not listening, out of control, or has unexplained behavioral issues? Want a “pawssible” solution? DIY dog training using online resources is the answer.
Looking into what it takes to make your canine a great hound can be a “dog gone” experience. Online DIY dog training provides you with an easy-to-access formula that will have you saying “good boy” all day long. People from all walks of life and a wide variety of dog experiences have been able to successfully transform their pooches by skipping obedience school and doing online DIY dog training.
Who can use DIY dog training?
DIY dog training is for any dog of any size and any breed. This is training that doesn’t need any special equipment or is confined to a set time. Training can take place anytime, anywhere. You don’t have to have any special knowledge about dog training. All you need is a DIY dog training manual and the willingness to follow the steps.
Why is it affordable?
The best dog trainer school have a lot of overhead. There is the facility, the trainers, the insurance for liability, the materials, and more. This means in-school dog training can simply be too costly for many pet owners. That’s a shame because too many dogs are returned to shelters for disobedience behaviors that could easily be fixed with training. DIY dog training removes the barrier of cost. Without the overhead, you skip paying for the facility’s costs and only pay for the most important part – the training itself. With step-by-step instructions and a clear understanding of what causes the naughty behavior your dog is exhibiting, you can train your dog to be a calm, social, obedient companion.
What kind of behaviors are trainable?
Dogs are domesticated but they are still animals with strong natural instincts. These instincts can look like aggression or disobedience when your dog barks loudly at strangers, pulls away from you when walking on a leash, or is overly excited and jumps all over your house guests. DIY dog training doesn’t “break the spirit” of your dog. Instead DIY dog training harnesses and channels the behaviors appropriately.
Common behaviors addressed by DIY dog training include:
• Socialization to ensure your dog can safely be around other people and their pets. Socialization is a must for any dog that will be in a doggy daycare or go to the groomers.
• Potty training – this isn’t just for kids! Dogs need to learn not to potty indoors, and to use designated areas outside.
• Basic commands like sit, stay, and heel are important parts training.
• Leash walking is one of the most vital components of dog training. Without being able to walk nicely on a leash, your dog will have issues with socialization, and you will have issues taking your pet for its necessary exercise.
DIY dog training benefits pet owners too. You will understand why your dog exhibits certain behaviors, and why those behaviors are undesirable. You may think it’s cute when your dog jumps at you when you come home, but this can be a very scary experience for your houseguests. Likewise, barking may seem like a natural thing for your dog to do, but your neighbors won’t appreciate a dog that keeps them up all night long. DIY dog training benefits you, your dog, and everyone around you.
Can you teach an old dog new tricks?
Most people associate DIY dog training with puppies, but any dog at any age can benefit from training. Old dogs can learn new tricks! It’s a matter of being consistent with the training and knowing when to offer rewards to reinforce good behavior. Don’t be shy about adopting that senior dog, or finally taking the steps to train your dog even if it is no longer a puppy.
How to get the best DIY dog training
You’ll find a lot of DIY dog training resources online. How do you find the best one? Dog training should be based in professional knowledge so look for resources written by professionals with experience. You should be able to easily find and verify their credentials online. You can also rely on reviews. The best sites have glowing reviews from people that used the method and experienced success.
Start training your dog today
Thanks to DIY dog training, you can afford to have a dog that is well behaved and sociable. Start DIY dog training today and get the most out of your relationship with your pet.
- Are Online Dog Training Courses the Right Choice? When you are considering owning a dog or a puppy, seeking out the best training...
- Three Reasons Why Virtual Dog Training Works Virtual instruction on almost every topic can be found online anywhere now. Virtual dog training...
- Three Important Tips for DIY Dog Training Are you someone who has just added a new member to the family as a...
- How Puppy Training Online Saves Lots of Time and Money? Are you a new dog owner? Then this is just the right place for you...